In this post, we will explore John Lewis Wedding Insurance, history, quotes & review.
John Lewis Finance has been a great significant provider of wedding insurance for a very long time.
But sadly, they stopped providing new wedding insurance policies to clients as of March 2020 till date.
Irrespective of this, we’ll analyze their history, quotes, and review of the wedding insurance policy.
History Of John Lewis Wedding Insurance
John Lewis Wedding Insurance is under the umbrella of the John Lewis Partnership.
Aside from the fact that it has been contributing immensely to the various services and businesses in the UK since 1864.
The wedding insurance policy before bringing it down, has helped protect many events from unfavorable situations. Thus bringing smiles to a lot of faces.
The brand John Lewis of course is a name but it is likened to quality and affordable prices. And the same applies to their wedding insurance.
Overview Of John Lewis Wedding Insurance
One of the greatest expenses you will ever have during your life is a wedding. This is more of a reason why you need protection from the unexpected.
Ranging from issues with wedding attires, cakes, videos and photography, flowers, and vendors’ no-shows. John Lewis Wedding Insurance has all these covered.
Their wedding insurance policy is there to protect your special day, with an experienced and friendly team who are always available to help with your queries.
Usually, it is advised to take out event insurance immediately after you have made payments for any part of the wedding or reception.
John Lewis Wedding Insurance provides extensive coverage to cater to all budgets. With 6 distinct levels of cover to select from at a starting price of as little as £60.
However, the more the premium price the greater the value of protection received.
Hence, it is crucial to carefully peruse the policy documents to choose a policy with enough cover. This is to avoid being under-protected.
For instance, if the plan chosen is level 1 cover which has up to £10,000 cancellation cover. If your wedding expenses go beyond the £10,000, you will need to upgrade your premium to avoid claims rejection.
Level Of Covers
John Lewis Wedding Insurance offers six distinct levels of cover with a start price of £60 having a cancellation or postponement coverage up to £10,000 and rising to £310 having a cancellation coverage option up to £100,000.
No matter your budget there is a level of coverage for you. Though, the level of coverage received depends on the price i.e. the higher the price the greater the value.
Read Also: Dreamsaver Wedding Insurance Review
The table below gives an overview of what John Lewis Wedding Insurance covers entail
|Level Of Tiers||Tier 1||Tier 2||Tier 3||Tier 4||Tier 5||Tier 6|
|Failure Of Vendors||£5,000||£7,500||£10,000||£15,000||£25,000||£50,000|
|Public Liability||£2.5 Million||£2.5 Million||£2.5 Million||£2.5 Million||£2.5 Million||£2.5 Million|
John Lewis Wedding Insurance Coverage Policy
It is important to note that the amount of loss or event covered by John Lewis Wedding Insurance is based on the tier subscribed to.
Below is a detailed explanation of the array of events and losses that are covered alongside the Optional extras.
1) Wedding dress or attire: This covers for loss or damage to a wedding or ceremonial attires including the bridal gowns and groom’s tuxedos.
2) Full coverage for cancellation or re-arrangement due to unforeseen circumstances. Note that the policy doesn’t cover postponement as a result of either of the partners having cold feet.
3) There is coverage for wedding gifts, cake(s), ring(s), bouquets, and other items should they be damaged, stolen, or lost.
4) Videos and photography: All expenses to take a reshoot are covered by the policy should the videographer or photographer not show up or the digital media get corrupted or misplaced.
5) Cars and transport: John Lewis Wedding Insurance will compensate you should your booked cars or transport disappoint.
6) Vendors’ no-shows or suppliers’ failure: All deposits paid out to suppliers or vendors who failed to show up will be covered by the policy.
7) There is coverage up to £2 million in situations whereby there is an accident or bodily injury to guests or even damage to a third party property.
8) Legal Charges: There is coverage up to £50,000 in situations when there is an unfavorable misunderstanding over the honoree’s injury or death.
Aside from the aforementioned, there are optional extras like the marque cover or overseas wedding insurance.
In case you need to make a claim, there is an excess fee of £50 to be paid irrespective of the level or tier.
If the price of John Lewis Wedding Insurance were to be compared to other insurers, John Lewis’s policy still seems to be reasonably priced. And peace of mind is guaranteed on your special day.
How To Make A Claim
To make a claim, or if something has gone wrong, you may contact the John Lewis claim handler on 0330 102 2759. The line is open 8 am – 8 pm on weekdays and 9 am – 5 pm on Saturdays.
For other inquiries or queries aside claims, you may reach their UK call center through the following:
Call: 0330 102 2492
Note: For weekdays, lines are open from 8 am to 8 pm, 9 am to 5 pm Saturday, and 10 am to 4 pm Sunday.
Benefits And Drawbacks Of The Wedding Policy
- Six (6) tiers of cancellation or re-arrangement cover
- Provides a high level of security or coverage
- Maximum cancellation or postponement cover up to £100,000
- Excellent customer service
- Wedding photo and video coverage included.
- Overseas wedding insurance covers extra
- Marquee insurance covers extra
- Public Liability excluding the United States and Canada
- Insurance price starts at £60
- No coverage for fireworks, firearms, and other pyrotechnic appliances or effects
- No coverage for illness or death as a result of terminal prognosis, pregnancy, or either of the couple having cold feet.
Read Also: Wedsafe Wedding Insurance Review
John Lewis Wedding Insurance FAQs
What Is The Eligibility For John Lewis Wedding Insurance?
To be eligible, the policy bearer must be above 18 years old and should be either the forthcoming bride, groom, or parent.
When Is The Ideal Time To Take Out A Wedding Insurance Policy?
The policy can be booked two years before the wedding or 6 months before the date of the wedding for all deposits or payments to be covered.
Do prepaid deposits count when I take out my policy?
Of course, yes! All payments or deposits made are covered starting from the purchase date of the policy.
Do John Lewis Wedding Insurance Provides Coverage For Bad Weather On My Wedding Day?
If the weather causes hindrance or disruption of traveling for over half of the honorees to the wedding destination, you and your partner are inclusive. Then the policy has coverage for it.
Is There Coverage By John Lewis Wedding Insurance Should My Wedding Or Reception Took Place Overseas?
To get a cover for this, you will have to subscribe to the overseas wedding cover option when choosing your cover level. You should then take out a separate travel insurance policy to cover your whole journey. Be aware that the public liability cover doesn’t hold for weddings or wedding receptions taking place in the United States or Canada.
Is It Possible To Cancel Or Rearrange My John Lewis Wedding Insurance Policy?
Yes! Provided you do this within 2 weeks after receiving the policy documents. With this, you will be able to cancel and get full payment. Other conditions include: not making a claim and your wedding mustn’t have taken place. However, to change your policy contact this number 0330 102 2747.
When And How Can I Make Payments For My John Lewis Wedding Insurance Policy?
You can make payments either by using a credit or debit card. Also, make payment for your premium as a one-off payment.
John Lewis is one of the best wedding insurance companies. With their six levels of cover, there is up to £100,000 of postponement option should unexpected things happen.
There is a suitable cover available for your budget. Aside from Weddings, the company offers insurance for automobiles, travel, pets, homes, investments, and different forms of financial services.
Their claim process is seamless and handled by a professional body. Although customer reviews are average ultimately, their policy is recommended.